Other Schools' Policies Consultation 2020
Consultation on admission arrangements for Surrey’s community and voluntary controlled schools for 2020
Surrey County Council is consulting on:
- proposed changes to admission arrangements for some community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2020
- the admission arrangements for all remaining community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2020
- Surrey’s relevant area – this is the area within which schools must consult on their admission arrangements.
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available atSurrey Says(www.surreysays.co.uk).
Why we are consulting
We have a statutory duty to consult on admission arrangements if we intend to make a change.
The changes being proposed are as follows:
1. Furzefield Primary School– reduction in published admission number for Reception from 60 to 58
2. Wallace Fields Junior School– change to the points used to measure each child’s nearest school and home to school distance so these will be calculated according to the nearest gate for either Wallace Fields Infant or Wallace Fields Junior school rather than just those for Wallace Fields Junior School
3. Criterion 2 for children with an exceptional social/medical need – provision for children previously in state care outside England to be given priority within this criterion
How can I respond to the consultation?
The consultation on the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools and the proposed changes will run from Tuesday 9 October 2018 to Monday 19 November 2018. If you would like to take part please complete an online response form atSurrey Says(www.surreysays.co.uk).Alternatively if you would prefer to respond on a paper form, please telephone the Surrey Schools and Childcare Service on 0300 200 1004to request a copy. Please note that only response forms which are fully completed with the respondent’s name and address will be accepted.
What happens next?
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the County Council's decision making Cabinet on 29 January 2019. It will decide whether or not to proceed with the proposed changes as well as determining the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for which no changes are proposed. Cabinet’sdecision will then need to be ratified by the full County Council on 5 February 2019. Once determined the final admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools will be placed on Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions.
Consultation on admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for 2020
Full details of the Surrey County Council's consultations and the changes being proposed are available at Surrey Says.
Please click on the links below to view schools' proposed changes to their Admissions Policies for September 2020.