Sixth Form 16-19 Bursary Fund
The Blenheim High School Sixth Form Bursary Fund is designed to help and support any student who faces financial barriers to participation in education and training, such as costs of transport, food or equipment.
This scheme is divided into two parts:
- 16-19 Guaranteed Bursary - Bursaries of £1,200 per annum paid weekly, will be awarded to:
- Young people aged 16 – 17 in care;
- Care leavers aged 16, 17 & 18;
- Young people aged 16, 17 and 18 who are in receipt of income support, for example, young people who are
- living independently of their parents; those whose parents have died and teenage parents;
- Disabled young people in receipt of Employment Support Allowance who are also in receipt of Disability
- Living Allowance
- Discretionary Bursary - A bursary is available to Blenheim High School Students not eligible for the full Guaranteed Bursary dependent upon individual circumstances and who reside in a household whose parents/guardians are in receipt of the following: (specific amount will be confirmed when applications of all who require bursaries is complete; the money will be shared equally between those applying)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
(If you qualify for one of the above, you will also qualify for Free School Meals)
- Additional Help – Students who are not automatically eligible for an award can also apply for help with one off course related expenses (proof of income or hardship will be asked for). Applications for additional help will be considered on an individual basis and is dependent upon available funds. Please contact your Head of Year or the Bursar for more details.
- All bursary payments will be directly linked to attendance, behaviour and academic performance.
- Eligible students must be under 19 on 31st August 2018 and enrolled on a non-fee paying full time course at the Sixth Form.
*If you qualify for free school meals then you will also qualify automatically for the discretionary bursary.
If you wish to apply, please download the application form below and return this to:
Blenheim High School Sixth Form, Bursary Award, Longmead Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 9BH
Return it in person to: Finance Office in an envelope clearly marked: Blenheim High School Sixth Form, Bursary Fund