Inspectors visited Blenheim High School on the 30th April and 1st May and rated the school 'Good' in all areas.
Some of the highlights from the report can be found below along with a link to read the report in full.
- Leaders and governors have provided strong and effective leadership to overcome the weaknesses identified in the last inspection. They are determined and well equipped to improve pupils’ education further.
- Pupils benefit from an innovative, personalised and creative curriculum which secures their engagement and ensures their good progress. Enrichment activities and the extended day have contributed to raising their performance.
- Teaching, learning and assessment are effective and supported by strong subject knowledge and an awareness of examination requirements. Teaching assistants are highly effective and support learning well.
- The school is a calm, orderly and purposeful community. Pupils behave well and are respectful, kind and courteous. They know how to identify risk and have a secure knowledge of how to keep healthy and safe.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is good. Pastoral systems provide high-quality pastoral care for pupils in the school.
- An effective culture of safeguarding exists throughout the school. Staff know pupils well and care about their health and well-being. Staff receive regular safeguarding training.
- The progress and attainment of pupils in 2018 were above the national averages and particularly successful for the most able pupils. Work scrutiny and lesson observations confirm good achievement across all years and all subjects but especially the core subjects.
- Leadership of the sixth form is effective and knowledgeable about strengths and weaknesses of the provision. The sixth-form curriculum represents a good balance between academic and technical courses.
- Progress in the sixth form is good and students attain standards similar to those seen nationally. The school meets the minimum standards for 16 to 19 study programmes with high-quality and impartial guidance.
All inspections by Ofsted can be viewed on the Ofsted site.