Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
Welcome to the LRC & 6th Form Study Area
Mrs. T. Knight, Learning, Resources and 6th Form Study Centre Manager
We are open Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 2.00pm.
We have a huge range of resources, including:
- Fiction books – a large choice of books to promote reading throughout the school. We also stock horror and fantasy books if you want something different.
- Non-fiction – factual and information books - these are arranged on the shelves in numerical order. There is a subject index available to help you find your subject.
- Reference books – these include some non-fiction books, dictionaries, atlases and encyclopaedias
- DVDs and Magazines
- 16 Computers and printer
- Six iPads available for use whilst in LRC only
Using the LRC
Students in Year 7 and Year 8 have regular reading lessons in the LRC with their English teachers.
- The LRC and its facilities are bookable by teachers to use for lessons in all subjects.
- The 6th Form are given exclusive sessions to use the LRC for study.
- All students are welcome to come in and use the facilities before school and at first break. Priority for the computers is always given to students doing schoolwork.
- If you cannot find what you are looking for – please ask.
Homework Club is available to all students from 3.20pm until 4.30pm Monday to Thursday.
There are a small set of rules that the students are expected to follow:-
- To comply with Fire Regulations, all students are required to sign in and out of the LRC.
- In line with school policy, mobile phones are not to be used. If a student needs to call home, the LRC Manager will guide them to an appropriate place.
- Behave quietly and consider other people.
- All items must be checked out at the desk. Please return or renew the item by the date stamped inside.
- Two items can be borrowed at a time.
- Books may be borrowed for two weeks, DVDs for one week.
- Items with a Reference label cannot be removed from the LRC.
Lost or damaged books will be charged for. If a student has an outstanding loan or payment, we are not able to lend any further items until this has been resolved.